Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Seeing red again

"Lean, long, dusty, dreary, and yet somehow loveable" - Dr.Jekyll & Mr.Hyde
Hello adoring public,
I typically pick a book every fall that I allow to grow into an amusing obsession. Although I once read Stevenson's "Dr J & Mr. H" as a prepubescent young girl, I've decided to rediscover it as an adult woman. An adult woman who has no patience for the clap-trap that is published nowadays. It requires a real level of commitment these days to find books that can make the soul soar, a level of commitment I just don't have time for. So, back to the classics.
I found an ancient dirty copy of the aforementioned book at a rummage sale. Its in poor shape and the spine has seen better day's, but it piqued my interest. I am so enthused about it. The writing is phenomenal. How had I not realized this before? Stevenson is a genius. 
By the way, that very same rummage sale had many aged treats. I bought the most striking sapphire blue wool ladies suit from the 1940's there, as well as two great dresses from the 70's. Later that day I went to the thrift store and found the IT dress of the 1950's, the genuine article. The red Marilyn Monroe dress we have all dreamed of, also made of wool and in excellent condition. Fit me like a glove, but a girl has to stock her inventory. I've listed it for sale in my Etsy store. Speaking of the devil...
The Etsy store, which I will hereafter refer to as "The Project" is not doing so well. I have 15 items listed now, but blessed few bites. I've had some close calls. Many future clients asking questions. I reply promptly, as the good Etsy sellers handbook encourages you to do. But as of yet, ONE SALE in my first month. I'm blaming it on my lack of inventory. I need a bigger selection of sizes and era's. I have some great pieces to put in the store, but the truth is, I haven't had the time to create the listings. I'm am trying to stay positive and keep the ship afloat. Hope, hope, hope....
Anyway I'm going to a big event this weekend and I have to try this fabulous hairstyle:
Especially since this happens to be the EXACT shade of hair color I'm sporting these days
I'm loving this look too:
 
Here is a peek at the IT dress I just wrote about:
And yes...I'm still the model right now. Its just a lot more time efficient. I regress...
 I am really digging the voluminous hairstyles this fall. My head has been attempting to get mixed up in one great big bouffant coif since I laid eyes on this picture:

Maybe I'm crazy, but I find this fantastic:)
 
Anyway, thanks for reading guys and doll's. Have a great weekend!
-Kary J.

No comments:

Post a Comment