Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Photo, photo, photo....Spring anyone?

Well Hell-o,
This past week has been a bit frantic. I'm still working out the bugs during my etsy photo shoots. Right now, its taking WAY too much time. Last Saturday I scheduled time with one of my models. We were shooting pictures for 4 dresses. It took us 3 hours, and that was for three of them because the 4th was a wee bit to snug on my size 8 girl. Of course this includes the time we took doing hair and make-up, as well as driving to the two different shooting locations I had scouted out earlier. I'm hoping to speed things up a bit next time, I'll be the model this weekend. My friend and partner Jill will be taking the pictures. Oh, the joys of starting an online business.
 I received my business cards in from www.moo.com. They look ultra professional. I'm impressing myself. Our posters are printed and ready to hang around Fargo too. So I must continue to hammer away at getting the inventory listed and posted. I must, I must, I must....especially since it is turning quite cold already. I don't want my models to look blue...or do I?
Well, I should make mention that our etsy store did finally have its first customer! Hooray! Should I wait to frame the dollar? Did those long photo shoots actually pay off? Its hard to say really, my pricing right now is completely rock bottom and I didn't make any real profit. I'm trying to build a stellar reputation. Get a loyal fan base. Show the vintage community I'm the real potato.
So I took a few minutes to look at some of the SPRING 2013 runway shows last night. FAB shoes, I must say. I'm loving the dresses.
 Check out this look from Bottega Veneta:

I mean WOW. I would wear this in a hearts flicker. Very work-friendly. Maybe I'm crazy, but I'm loving the nylons. Chic late 70's business attire. I wondered when these babies would come back...
and how great is this look?
I am thrilled that the high necklines will still be trending through the winter to spring. Its such a great look for anyone with a long neck. I am all for any fashion that leaves something to the imagination. Being demure is keeping it classy;)
Take care of yourselves invisible public!
-Kary J. (www.highhatcouture.com)  

No comments:

Post a Comment